Without standardization, professionals experience major inefficiencies as inconsistent construction plans require revisions, workarounds and recreation. For the last year and a half, a grassroots effort has been underway to define the new Guidelines for Construction PDF Documents. Jointly created by the Construction PDF Coalition, the aim of the guidelines is to better leverage digital information being shared among designers, constructors and all project team members. In order to ensure the website best promotes their efforts, unique features are developed to enhance its usability:
Fully Customized PDF Construction Documents
- Ability for different project teams to input agreed upon variable data and generate a downloadable PDF for the entire team to reference.
- Unique cover page including Project Name, Creation Date and essential data.
- Fully hyperlinked Table of Content page for quick access to document.
Members Only Discussion Forum
- Categorized based on disciplines and areas of interest.
- Openly discuss processes, workflows, inefficiencies and suggestions for standardization and improvement.